Added on December 23rd, 2010
Found in Dried Fruit recipes
Blueberry Muffins are a real treat and made with organic dried blueberries everyone will be satisfied. You could try using Cranberries
to ring the changes.
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 40g castor sugar
- 1 large egg
- 110ml milk
- 50g butter (melted & left to cool a little)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g Crazy Jack Organic Wild Blueberries. (Makes 12 large or 6 MONSTER muffins!)
1. Sieve and mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix and beat all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
2. Then sieve the dry ingredients into the wet mix, folding gently to get an uneven sticky goo. Don’t panic.
3. Throw in the blueberries and lightly fold them in. The secret is not to stir too vigorously – it will look uneven, don’t worry about it.
4. Dollop a spoon of the mix into each cup of a well greased muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in a hot oven (gas mark 6, 400°F/200°C). Check to see when well risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool a few minutes then turn out on a wire rack
Tags: muffin recipes
Leave a Reply