Save a small fortune on vanilla extract
If you use a lot of vanilla at home in your cooking, or make cupcakes, then you can save yourself a small fortune by buying vanilla extract in bulk. We offer a 1-litre bottle of Neilsen-Massey pure vanilla extract.
Extracts for baking from Naturally Good Food
Where would any baker be without vanilla extract?! Sometimes, when you are cooking, it is the smallest ingredients that make the difference, raising a 'good' dish up to one to be really proud of. On this page you will find all the natural essences you need for great cakes.
There is often some confusion between 'essences' and 'extracts'. They may sound similar, but they're not the same. For the best results when baking, you should look for 'extracts'. At Naturally Good Food we are pleased to offer a great range of Nielsen Massey food extracts by mail order. In the range we currently stock we have:
- Pure almond extract - pure almond extract blends well with a host of foods and flavours, including vanilla, chocolate, caramel, apples, coconut, cherries, cream, strawberries, raisins, and more. Use pure almond extract to give a warm, mellow, nutty flavor of almonds to baked goods such as pies and pastries. Add the extract to confections, frostings and fillings for a fabulous finishing touch.
- Pure chocolate extract - pure chocolate extract offers a rich and smooth chocolate flavour, without sweetness. It pairs well with favourites such as vanilla, almonds, cinnamon, coffee, nuts, raspberries, maple, mint, coconut, cream, cherries and bananas. Use this extract to add a whisper of chocolate to a wide variety of foods – from cakes, cookies and icings, to coffee, custards and puddings. Note that this extract contains no added sugar or sweetener.
- Pure coffee extract - pure coffee extract, made from Arabica coffee, is the essence of rich, brewed coffee, in a concentrated form. It allows the cook to deliver the nuances of coffee without having to brew a pot. Use it to bring a subtle richness to a vanilla milkshake or hot chocolate. Add it to hot fudge sauce as a topping for ice cream, or blend into vanilla yoghurt or whipped cream. It's also a great addition to molten chocolate cakes and tiramisu.
- Pure lemon extract - pure lemon extract (with no added sugar or sweetener) complements just about any dish! It has a special affinity for vanilla, orange and almond. It’s a natural with fish, pork and chicken and marries well with a variety of herbs, such as parsley, rosemary, thyme, garlic and basil. Lemon extract can be added to anything from beverages and vegetables to desserts and jellies.
- Pure peppermint extract - peppermint has been cultivated since Grecian times, and was brought to the New World early in its European settlement. Pure peppermint extract is made from the finest mint oils, according to the strictest quality standards. Use it to flavour teas, to enhance fruit salads or to complement chocolate in cakes, ice-cream and icings. Peppermint goes well with vanilla, and is a surprisingly good accompaniment to savoury dishes featuring lamb, pork or poultry.
- Vanilla extract - available in different sizes to suit your needs. Nielsen-Massey's organic Madagascar bourbon pure vanilla extract is made from the highest quality organic vanilla beans and pure certified organic alcohol. The extract is produced through a unique cold extraction process, a time-consuming procedure that slowly and gently extracts the maximum flavour from vanilla beans without heat damaging their delicate flavours. The process can take up to five weeks to complete. The result has a creamy, sweet, smooth and mellow vanilla flavour. Organic vanilla is ideal in any application that calls for vanilla extract - including bread, cookies and crème brulee.
So don't scrimp on the finishing touches! Maintain a store of the best food extracts to make the most of your cooking.